Cyber Risk Alert: Windows 11 Security Concerns & Why You Shouldn’t Download the Update
Microsoft may have prompted you to download the latest Windows 11 update . Please do not download it, and advise your team as soon as possible to avoid it.
Unfortunately, there may be a considerable risk with a number of security (eg. Sophos and Malwarebytes) and TSI network management tools not working and negatively impacting the security posture and network performance of your organization. In some cases, users may be asked to sign a “waiver” which would absolve Microsoft of any of the issues stemming from this recent update. Some other issues that were identified include but are not limited to:
- Strict hardware compatibility requirements.
- Application compatibility is not guaranteed.
- Distracting Microsoft advertising for Microsoft products
- The new Taskbar & Start features do not help users.
- The built-in “Teams Chat” causes conflicts and confusion.
- Installing other browsers than Microsoft Edge is nearly prohibitive.
- Many features of W10 are missing or broken.
- TPM issues.
For additional information about this recent update and its potential impact on your organization, please refer to the links below:
Once you’ve had a moment to communicate this urgent communication to your team, please contact TSI if you have any questions or concerns. In the meantime, TSI will be working on identifying when Windows 11 is safe to install on users’ computers.